New Balance Boise Indoor – High School Sections
Boise’s High School Indoor Track officially kicked off with the New Balance Boise Indoor Race this past weekend at Jackson’s Indoor. With over a 1000 athletes between High School and College, it was a very successful meet! “The mix of High School and College events was fantastic to watch to see where our kids are now, and where they will be soon”, said Shain Mood of Meridian. Over 450 High School athletes from teams all over the Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, Utah and Idaho) were all represented.
Team Idaho, YMCA’s conglomerate of High School students throughout the Treasure Valley competed strong! With over 205 entries in this weekend’s races (there wasn’t one event that a Team Idaho member didn’t finish strongly in!).
Thanks to www.Idahosports.com
CHECK OUT PHOTOS OF THE MEET HERE: http://capture.exposuremanager.com/g/jackson_invitational_1100am_1_26_13
· Khalil Oliver steps up in the 60m Hurldes to finish 1st with a 8.44! Khalil also took 2nd in the Triple Jump with a 42-.075 jump and 1st in the 4x200m relay with a 1:34.14.
· Josh Wallin had an outstanding run in the 400m dash with a 1st place finish winning in 50.36 to start the season. In the 200m, Josh finished 2nd place with a 22.71. In talking with Josh, he just missed a PR in the 200m (comparing it to last year’s Outdoor track time!). Josh was the final leg on the 4x200m relay helping Levi Hagen, Kade Ready, and Khalil Oliver win 1st place with a 1:34.14.
· Jake Knight out threw the competition with a 1st place finish in the Shot Put with a PR of 54-10.25 and a 1st Place in the weighted throw with a 57-05.50.
· Elijah Armstrong took 1st place holding off Preston Johnson in the boys 1 mile with a 4:21.78 and on Friday the night before took 1st place in the boys 2 mile race with a 9:22.01.
· Marcell King took 1st place in the boys triple jump with a 43-02.00 mark to start off the year.
· Allison Jeffries set two PR’s; 1st place in both the prelims and finals of the Girls 60m with a new PR of 9.12, 4th place in the Girls Pole Vault with a 10-11.75, and a new PR in the High Jump with a 4-3.25.
· Melissa Ausman finished 1st in the Girls Shot Put with a 11.89m throw.
· Kevin Wang finished 2nd in the 60m dash with a 7.25.
· Kolcie Bates finished 2nd in the Girls Shot Put with a 11.67m throw.
· Emily Hamlin placed 2nd in the Girls 1 Mile with a 5:20.72.
· Sam McKinnon recovering from injuries placed 3rd in the Girls 800m with a 2:24.33, 4th in the 1Mile with a 5:21.55 and a 2nd place finish in the Girls 4x800m with teammates Sara Christianson, Emily Hamlin and Dana Snell from Rocky Mountain High School.
· Levi Hagen was another workhorse for Team Idaho! Levi finished top 10 in the 60m dash – 7.44, 6th place in the 200m – 23.07, and was leadoff on the 4x200 1st place team.
· Joe Giese after running the mile earlier in the day (4:40.86), Joe came back to finish 6th place finish in the boys 800m with a 2:03.58. Joe was also on the boys 4x800m team which took 2nd place with a time of 8:09.20 with Ian Cavey, Justin Ross, and Jordon Wallin.