Middleton High School
3rd Place - Girls 5A XC State Championship
- 1,600 Meter Run - 5:54.33
- 5,000 Metere Run - 19:08.40
800 Meter Run - 2:39.62
·Your training for XC, when did it start for 2012 season? I started training in the middle of May after school finished for the year. I liked to train in the foothills before the heat of the summer with my sister.
· What was your best race this year, and what made is so special? 3A District Meet, because our team won the district title and I proved to myself that I could win. The district race was also special, because Coach Stauffer was awarded 3A District Coach of the Year after this race. The Idaho State Championship was a special race too, because our team took home the state title.
· Which course do you love to run (and why), and which one is a thorn to you (and why)? I love the Silverwood course because it's a fast course and the road trip is fun. The course at Eagle Island State Park is always a challenge, because of the variety of terrain and hills.
· Tell us about your last race. My last race was at the Idaho State Championship at Lewiston. The start of the course was unique, because it was on a beach. For the first time in the school's history, we won the state title and I achieved my goal of getting in the top 3. I also felt that our team became closer during that trip.
· Are you running indoor? If so, have you started training (weights, running… ?) I have started training for track, and I am working weight training into my running. I am now in Hawaii, so the humidity makes it a challenge running outdoors.
· Are you looking forward to outdoor TF? What events will you be running? Any goals you care to share with us?
I am looking forward to running the 3000, 1500, and the 800. I am excited to see where I am compared to last year's times, and to see where I rank here in Hawaii. It will also be my first experience with the local Oahu runners. My goal this season is to improve in each race.
· In looking at college… what are you top 3 picks?
I would love to attend an Ivy League school or another top-tier school.
· What would you like to study in college? I am interested in studying Law.
· Other than running… what else do you focus on? Although running is important, I also focus on my academics. I will be starting the IB Diploma program next fall, so it will be a challenge.
As we received this article, Lina was on her way to Hawaii where her famly had just relocated to! Lucky for Lina, she got to miss Boise's January cold, cold month!! Watch out Hawaii, here comes Lina Schell!! (good luck Lina!)