Skyview High School
5th Place - Girls 4A XC State Championship
- 1600 Meter Run - 5:33.41
- 3200 Meter Run - 11:54.07
- 5,000 Meter Run - 19:13.50
- 800 Meter Run - 2:29.15
Your training for XC, when did it start for 2012 season?
- I started training when track started from March to May and then ran off and on in the summer before XC around 5 times a week.
What was your best race this year, and what made is so special!
- My best race was at Kuna High this year, I pr'ed by 40 seconds and worked really hard to keep the promise that I made my coach which was to break 20. .
Which course do you love to run (and why), and which one is a thorn to you (and why)?
- I loved the course at state in Lewiston because it was difficult and those courses show everyone who can stay strong mentally and physically. I don't like the course at the Mnt. Home golf course because it seems really long and every time I have raced there I didn't do too well.
Tell us about your last race
- My last race was the Turkey Trot during November, but my last XC race was State and I came in 5th with a time of 19:14, 2 seconds away from the school record.
Are you running indoor? If so, have you started training (weights, running… ?)
- I'm not doing indoor this year, but I do lift at the rec center and train with my friends.
Are you looking forward to outdoor TF? What events will you be running? Any goals you care to share with us?
- YES! I will probably run the 2 mile, mile, 800, and 400 for fun. I plan on focusing on the mile this year because I usually ignore it and try to work and the stuff I'm not as talented in, but this year I want to perfect the mile and my goal time is 5:10.
In looking at college… what are you top 3 picks? If you have committed to a college – where are you going??
- Top three picks for college are Wazzu, U of I, and University of Montana
What would you like to study in college?
- I want to study binomial nomenclature, because I'm really interested in how organisms relate to changing the world. Later on I want to go to vet school and become an equine vet.
Other than running… what else do you focus on?
- Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Camping, Community Service. I love animals and I volunteer at the animal shelter a lot.